A good friend of mine recently added a blog about her 30 before 30 list - I don't have the luxury of time like her so this is my "I have to" list. It is not a matter of wanting to or wishing I could so this is my I have to list ( I need the motivation), unfornauetly my "have to's" are not random nor easy (hell if they were they'd be done by now! :>) so I am putting it out there to get help, ideas, motivation or hopefully friends who want to join me in completing some "have to's". Better yet how about a monthly "Check One Off" Event?!? I just totally thought of this, its amazing what sunshine, annoying bank customers and Mase will do for ya, but seriously I love this idea. Each month we can get together and mark off someone's "have to" and we can all be there together to help and watch that person do it. Of course picture are a must! Who's in with me?
Well to get back to what I wanted to post!
Summer is coming and all this great weather makes me want to accomplish things. I've had this list for years sitting in a journal collecting dust - no longer! I want a life full of adventures and fun not regrets or daydreams. It's lengthy and it just continues to grow but I am determined. I love life and want to enjoy every minute that I can of it, so here I go...
1. Swim with dolphins
2. Take another cruise
3. Visit New York
4. Horseback ride on a beach
5. Own an expensive car
6. Own a beach house
7. Learn to scuba dive
8. Learn to drive a stick (not with Christen :> )
9. Learn to water ski
10. Learn to snow ski
11. Live in Seattle
12. Visit Hawaii (Yes I've already done this but Hello! there's more than one island - Have to!)
13. Visit Australia (although I hear the plane ride is a killer - this one might be negotiable)
14. Scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef
15. Live in Colorado
16. Learn some carpentry
17. Learn how to play a guitar
18. Learn how to play a piano
19. Visit Paris
20. Visit Italy
21. Write a book
22. Have one story published
23. Visit New Orleans during Mardi Gras
24. Drive a race car
25. Ride on a motorcycle
26. Start a garden
27. Gamble in Las Vegas
28. Learn to sail
29. Own a house boat
30. Learn to fly
31. Own a plane
32. Sky Dive
33. Learn ceramics (no, not the Ghost scene)
34. Own a house
35. Start a charity
36. Visit Maine in the fall
37. Collect cars
38. Own a yacht
39. Visit rest of the Virgin Islands
40. See the Titanic
41. Stay on a private island
42. Visit the Florida Keys
43. Own a private island
44. Graduate college DONE!
45. Go to Venice
46. Fill passport with stamps
47. Collect treasures from shops
48. Start a library
49. Have a white Christmas
50. Fall in Love DONE!
51. Visit the Grand Canyon
52. Take a picture of all 50 states "Welcome" signs
53. Lose weight
54. Visit a psychic
55. Visit Alcatraz
56. Visit London
57. Stand at the top of the Eiffel Tower
58. Be in Time Square on New Year's Eve
59. Participate in the 3 Day Walk
60. Live in a loft
61. Take dancing lessons
62. Learn martial arts
63. Learn Yoga
64. Visit the Fiji Islands
65. Design and build a dream house
66. Visit Ireland
67. Learn to play chess
68. Learn to enjoy running
69. Shoot a gun
70. Play on a softball team
71. Learn how to play tennis
72. Visit Jamaica
73. Get a tattoo
74. Learn to hand blow glass
75. Rock climb
76. Buy an imac
77. Discover new bands
78. Take a family vacation every year
79. Go to Grad school
80. Donate my eggs
That's it for now, hope it wasn't too crazy!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Holy Cow Batman! That's some list!
ReplyDeleteHere's my two cents... I think you should change at least two possibly three of your "owns" to "rents." Ie: 'rent a house boat.' Which they do in Louisianna so you could rent a house boat sometime in February and float on in for Mardi Gra!
The Titanic is sinking deeper... check out all the cool live video from the 'discovery of' to 'the return to' Titanic. http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/return-to-titanic-1113#tab-Videos/02058_00
Check out the Magic Bullets, they're the rad-ist non-big band in the world! My favorite song: Yesterdays Seen Better Days.
http://www.imeem.com/magicbullets/
I have a yoga dvd you can borrow.
Shooting guns is for the birds!
I like to run... I will run with you and make you laugh... hence, bring the fun. :)
On S Main in Old Town Grapevine they have a glass blowing shop that gives classes.
http://www.imeem.com/magicbullets/
Me and my boys have a bad ass Hot Wheels collection. ;)
They "RENT" houses complete with lofts in New Mexico... and you can learn to ski on the lovely mountain of Ski Apache. See girl, all you need to do is intermingle as many of these as possible so it doesn't take you 300 yrs!
You should go to Navarre Beach in FL... best little island in the world! It's only about a mile long with 6 or 7 condos.
Come to my craft show at Will Rogers April 25th... and "Collect treasures from shops"
I saw a psychic once. She told me I was happy. lol
Great list chica. Let me know when and where!
Oooops... glass blowing link:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.vetroartglass.com/classes.htm
Hey girl, I would like to volunteer to help w/ the gun shooting and the tat! Give me a Saturday or Sunday, just the two of us an I will let you shoot any of my guns out at the range, it really is fun, you ride around in a golf cart, it's just so nice.
ReplyDeleteYou know I'm always in for a visit to the tat shop, been waiting for you to pull the trigger on that one (haha, get it).
If you come to the Keys I can tell you all of the best places to go! :) I have a sort of life-list in addition to my 28 things for 28 list that I am realizing about 5 I won't be able to accomplish. Oh well...there's another year!
ReplyDeleteWow Sara that was a heck of a comment back! Thanks for all the great ideas and I will definitely take ya'll up on the offers. When and where Britt?
ReplyDeleteOkay! Wow! Justin has a gun you can shoot if you want to. Then you can brag that you shot a cop's gun. You have even more traveling than me to do! Good luck with all of it and I am totally down with trying yoga with you we need to find a central location with child care :)
ReplyDelete